|Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms|
|Pork BBQ Ribs|
Last night I decided to stuff the Portobello's and bake them in my toaster oven. We had them as a side dish to go along with oven baked BBQ ribs.
Ingredients for Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
- 4 large Portobello mushrooms
- 1/3 cup of chopped onion
- 1/4 cup of chopped green pepper
- 1 tbs. of chopped garlic
- good size pinch of Greek seasoning
- pinch of thyme
- fresh ground pepper
- Greek style Feta cheese (I used the feta that comes in a container in the brine)
- 2 tbs. of extra virgin olive oil
Let's Get Cooking
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Wash the mushrooms and pat dry.
- Chop the onion, green pepper and garlic and put them into a bowl.
- Carefully remove the mushroom stem (chop it), and the gently scrape the gills adding both of these to the bowl.
- Add the Greek seasoning, thyme and pepper and mix everything gently.
- Heat up the olive oil and sauté all the ingredients that are in the bowl for 5 minutes.
- Equally spoon the mixture into the mushroom caps.
- Top off with feta cheese and pop into the oven or toaster oven for about 15 minutes.
- Remove, serve, and ENJOY!
Thanks for visiting and if you try this recipe please come back and let me know if you liked the mushrooms. Have a great day!