|Cabbage Ham Soup|
Ingredients for Cabbage Ham Soup
- 1 ham bone with most of the ham removed
- 3/4 of a head of cabbage chopped (If your pot is big enough you can use the entire cabbage)
- 1 box of chicken broth (I used the sodium reduced broth)
- 3-4 carrots peeled and chopped
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 large garlic clove chopped
- 3 cups of water mixed with 3 tablespoons of dehydrated chicken broth (taste the soup before adding this)
- 4 shakes of Tabasco sauce
- 3 good pinches of dried thyme
- 1 Tsp. of hot pepper flakes
- A good shake of marjoram
- In a large pot or dutch oven add the ham bone almost covering it with cold water.
- Bring to a boil and then turn the heat down to medium letting the bone simmer in the water.
- Add the carrots, onion, garlic and the cabbage.
- Now it's time to spice it up. If you don't like spicy cut back on the Tabasco and pepper flakes.
- Bring everything to a boil and then have a taste. At this time you can add more broth, which I did. Adjust seasoning to your taste. Turn the stove down to low and let everything cook for an hour.
- Serve and ENJOY!
More of my Ham Soup Recipes