Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Crock Pot Pork Chops

A very easy to follow recipe with step by step instructions.

Love my crock pot or slow cooker as anything I cook comes out delicious, moist and tender. For the following recipe I used a boneless pork loin roast that came already sliced in 1 1/2" chops. There were 6 or 7 chops in total.

Crock Pot Loin Pork Chops with a Spring Mix Salad

Ingredients for Crock Pot Pork Chops


  • 6-7 pork loin chops
  • 4-5 carrots cut into chunks
  • 1 onion sliced in half and then slice each section again once or twice
  • garlic powder
  • fresh ground pepper
  • marjoram powder
  • dried thyme
  • 2 cups of chicken stock or broth
  • 1/4 to 1/2 head of cabbage cut into large pieces


Instructions for Preparing the Crock Pot Pork Chops

  1. My crock pot tends to cook a bit faster than some crock pots so you may want to 
  2. cook yours a bit longer than what I did. Mine was ready in five hours on the low setting.
  3. To the bottom of your crock pot or slow cooker add the carrots and onions.
  4. Next add the pork loin chops and then sprinkle the pork with garlic powder, fresh ground pepper, marjoram and dried thyme.
  5. Pour the chicken broth over the top of the meat and then add the cabbage.
  6. Cook for at least five hours. 
  7. Serve and ENJOY!


I served this dinner with a spring mix salad.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.







3 comments:

  1. These sound really tasty. Unique! The marjoram must add a great flavor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just made pork chops last night! I was reading this then and chuckling:). This sounds really great and I love using my crock pot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rebecca, and Kelly,
    I love the aroma that lingers all day throughout the house from cooking in the crock pot.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave any comments or questions you may have. Thank you so much. Susan

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...