Thursday, April 18, 2013

Drawings in Sand by Yvonne Spence - A Book Review


Drawings in Sand, by Yvonne Spence is a brilliant novel. The author captured my attention, and kept me reading not wanting to put the book down from start to finish. Very rarely does a book draw me in this deep and make me feel as if I personally know the characters.

I believe everyone that reads Drawings in Sand will be able to relate in some way to this story.

Stella the main character is a single mother who lives with her boyfriend Macklin, and her beautiful little girl named Kirsty. Stella is an alcoholic and hasn't had the easiest life. She's always felt that her mother didn't love her. As the book unfolds we learn why Stella feels this way as the author gives up glimpses into her past. Terrified of losing custody of Kirsty, Stella seeks help for her addiction.

I really don't want to say too much more as I'm sure you'll want to read this book yourself to see what happens.

Upon finishing this book I was sad that it had ended. It made me take a look into my own life and do a self-analysis of my relationship with my step mother who I truly thought hated me.

I highly recommend reading this book. You may end up learning something about yourself.

If you'd like to read other reviews or purchase this novel, please visit Amazon. See more reviews and ratings on goodreads.

Marcy Goodfleisch, an author at HubPages recently not only wrote not only a review of Drawings in Sand, but also interviewed Yvonne Spence . Yvonne gives authors some great tips on self-publishing in the interview. Please read it at Book Review: Drawings in Sand.

Thank you for stopping by and have a great day!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave any comments or questions you may have. Thank you so much. Susan

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...