Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Roasted Orange Chicken With Bacon

As you can imagine when I saw that Wonderful Wednesdays theme was food I was ecstatic! Thinking about it and knowing that I'd already taken out a chicken to roast, I had to of course get a little creative with the bird in question.

Roasted Orange Chicken With Bacon


My one son that actually likes chicken moved out on June 30th, which leaves the twins at home and they refuse to eat chicken as I've posted before. So for them I made homemade mac n cheese. Wait till they see the chicken come out of the oven draped in slices of bacon. I bet they'll want some :)

Okay so here's how I made the roasted orange chicken with bacon.

Ingredients

  • 1 - 3 1/2  pound bird
  • 1 orange cut into 1/4's
  • Fresh ground pepper
  • 4 slices of bacon


Instructions

  1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F
  2. Rinse off the chicken and place in a roasting pan. I used foil for easy cleanup because I hate scrubbing pans. 
  3. Place the chicken in the roasting pan.
  4. Cut up the orange and place 3 of the 4 quarters right into the birds cavity.
  5. Squeeze the other 1/4 section of the orange over the bird and then place that 1/4 into the bird as well.
  6. Sprinkle with fresh ground pepper, add a 1/2" of water into the bottom of the roasting pan, and place into the oven.
  7. Cook for approximately 20 - 30 minutes and then remove from the oven.
  8. Cut the slices of bacon in half.
  9. Drape over the chicken and then pop it back into the oven to continue cooking until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165 - 170 degrees.
  10. Be sure to baste the chicken when needed.
  11. When the chicken is cooked remove from oven and set on a plate for five minutes before carving.
  12. Serve and ENJOY!
  13. Stuff the orange into the chicken


    Placing the bacon onto the chicken
Did my two sons have any of the roasted chicken? No they passed even with the bacon on it. They just don't know what they're missing.

There isn't a 13th step above. For some reason I could not edit it out.


This post is for Wonderful Wednesday. If you'd like to join in on the fun and link up, head over to Pictimilitude, which is hosted by Cyndi Calhoun.

Thanks for stopping by. Have a Wonderful Wednesday!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave any comments or questions you may have. Thank you so much. Susan

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...