Saturday, December 7, 2013

Ten Things of Thankful - Things That Make Me Cry

I had such a great time participating in last weeks TToT that I couldn't wait for this weekend to arrive so that I could get busy writing another post for this blog hop. If you'd like to participate too, then hop on over to Considerings and link up. Considerings is a blog written by +Lizzi R, a wonderful gal I've just recently met. 




For the most part it was a pretty good week for me. I felt a little off and under the weather on Wednesday and Thursday but I was able to concur with my pain management doctor that for the most part everything was due to side effects. 

Why would I choose things that make me cry? Well I've cried a few times this week, but not for reasons of sadness. Crying sometimes is reason to be thankful, right?  So let's get this party started.

#1. Yesterday my step sister Betty, met me at my chemo appointment to keep me company. We've not seen each other in 6 years and the first thing we did when we saw each other was cry. We were both so happy to see each other. It was a wonderful reunion and I'm very happy to have her back in my life again.

#2. Last night I was flipping through channels trying to find something to watch and happened upon a movie that I got really into. The movie is called Safe Haven and stars Julianne Hough, Josh Duhamel, and Cobie Smulders.  If you've not seen this movie yet and enjoy a really good tear jerker I highly recommend it. I cried like a baby. You'll understand why after watching. Yes that's all I'm going to tell you as I don't want to spoil the movie for you.




#3. Let's see if I can even put this into words and make sense of what I'm trying to say here. Since September I feel as if I'm a different person. No I don't have a split personality, don't even go there! What I'm trying to say is that I look at everything or mostly everything in a totally different light. Rather than looking outside and seeing a cloudy dark grey sky and thinking what a crappy day, I look at the day as being bright and beautiful, just a little dulled down.

My husband said to me yesterday, You've been so happy lately and it's so nice to see you this way. He also added, that he thinks I'm one tough old broad. I look back and I was getting bitchy, miserable, ungrateful, unappreciative, etc. for the last several years. I like the new me. 


Okay so before you say it, I'll say it .... not all of the ten make me cry.

The quote itself was taken from a Facebook page and the photo is mine. 
#4. Humor lately is how I deal with so many of life's challenges. It makes things so much easier. Check out my latest bubble over at Bubblews


#5. Here I am above sporting my new +HubPages t-shirt. I've been wanting one of these since I first started writing at HubPages, and saw +Wendy Iturrizaga wearing one in her profile picture.  I even entered contests in hopes that I would be able to win a t-shirt. Took me three years of blood sweat and tears but I finally got one gifted to me from the staff over at HP, which I will forever be thankful to.

#6. Poetry & Haiku's. When the mood strikes me I love to write poetry and especially haiku's. I find I can put into words the feelings I'm trying to convey. 

#7. So often I cannot think of something to write about, and I'm thankful that +Robin Svedi and +Bonnie Diczhazy started a Facebook group for Squidoo with a daily challenge. It really has helped me on those days where I have writers block.

#8. So very thankful to +Lizzi R for making this post possible.

#9.  Thank you to the people that have recently bought my book. Sales no matter how small or large are so encouraging.

#10. My bestest online buddy who keeps me sane each and everyday. 

She really is The RealHousewife 

Remember to be sure to visit Considerings for the TToT blog hop. This week Lizzi is having a Christmas giveaway. 

Until next time, "Live Everyday as if it were your last."



One last thing ..... Do you think the larger text is easier to read, or is it too large?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave any comments or questions you may have. Thank you so much. Susan

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...