Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Kale Stir Fry

I had bought a large bunch of kale to make a sausage and kale soup one day and it I ended up having a lot of left over kale. Rather than waste it I made a kale salad along with a kale stir-fry. If you've bought kale before then you'll know exactly what I mean.

Kale stir-fry

This served five people a side dish of kale stir fry.

Ingredients for Kale Stir-Fry
  • 1/2 - 3/4 of a bunch of kale approximately 6-8 cups torn
  • 1/4 tsp of sesame seed oil or olive oil
  • 1/2 cup of chicken broth or vegetable broth
  • 1 large onion sliced
  • 2 cloves of garlic chopped
  • 1 tsp. of red pepper chili flakes


Instructions for Kale Stir-Fry

  1. Heat oil in a wok or large frying pan
  2. Add the onion and garlic cooking for 2 minutes
  3. Next add the chicken or vegetable broth along with the kale and stir fry until the kale is limp.
  4. Season with the red pepper chili flakes, stir, serve and enjoy. 


Kale is Packed with Vitamins and Nutrients 

Add Kale to a salad.


Kale added to a Salad


The wok you see that I've used is almost exactly the same wok by Cuisinart. I use my wok quite frequently for many stir fry dishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave any comments or questions you may have. Thank you so much. Susan

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...