Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Wordless Wednesday and the Magical Powers of Baking Soda

Baking soda magical ..... seriously??? Not quite but almost. Let me explain.

Tupperware strainer that is 25 years old


I've used baking soda to clean out Hubbies gungy Thermos as well pots and pans. For the thermos I put about 2 tablespoons of baking soda in the bottom, add some hydrogen peroxide, (about a cup or so), put the lid back on, and let it sit overnight giving it a good shake from time to time. When you empty the thermos it looks brand spanking new.

If you're going to try this I suppose I should tell you how I put a small dent in my kitchen ceiling. One time added a little too much hydrogen peroxide and when I went to open the thermos it popped off like a champagne cork and went straight up to the ceiling. To avoid this loosen the thermos lid slowly making sure you have a good grip on it.

Back to the picture of WW ..... not so wordless today but oh well ....

The other day +Kelly  and I were talking about baking soda and somehow my Tupperware strainer that is almost 26 years old wandered into our conversation. Funny how stuff like that happens. I was telling her how I need a new one only because mine is so discolored and it grosses me out just looking at it.  Kelly says to me, easy peasy fix woman, use some baking soda and scrub that crap off. Boy did I ever feel silly as I slapped myself in the head ... only because this hadn't occurred to me. Doesn't that strainer look as if it were brand new? I should have taken a before picture because I'm sure most of you would have thrown it out long ago too, if you'd seen the way it used to look. 

Have a great Wordless Wednesday everyone, and if you want to join this fun blog hop follow one of the links below and link up!

                                                                         
                                                                


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave any comments or questions you may have. Thank you so much. Susan

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...