Saturday, October 4, 2014

Cooking In Style and Ten Things of Thankful




It has been a great week almost all the way around for me. Was feeling a little under the weather last weekend but I'm thankful that it passed with a lot of needed sleep.

We got a new stove and now I'll be cooking in style. The old one was here when we bought the house, and it was from the 70's! I think it was time to replace the antique one. I can't wait to cook a turkey next weekend for the Canadian Thanksgiving.  
Our New Addition
My sons girlfriend Meghan, lost her father, Bob Baron, when he sadly passed away last week. This week we went to one of the nicest funerals I've ever been to. There were so many flowers and plants there that his wife Cathy and Meghan wanted me to care for this beautiful plant arrangement.


R.I.P. Bob
Thankful that Maggie & Bruce have started to slow down on their shedding a bit. I've been combing and brushing, and combing and brushing for weeks now. Thier new winter coat is starting to come in and it feels like puppy fur.

Bruce the Hairy Beast

Just take the shot and hurry up

I'd gone to the liquor store to pick up a six pack of beer the other day and came across this bottle of wine. It was the same cost as the six pack and I thought a change might be good. It was quite tasty.

"Bottle of Wine surely divine"
Had an appointment with my pain management doctor who I just love. I wish he was my family doctor. Anyways I've had this strange pain over the past year that comes and goes. It's like I've been hit by a freight train. I'm sore all over and no one can touch me without causing me pain. The hydromorphone that I take does not do anything for the pain and when I told him this he suggested that I may have fibromyalgia, and this is why the drug is not working. So now I'm weening off of the hydromorphone and have started taking a new drug called teva-pregabalin, which has done wonders for me already.  

Next weekend is our Canadian Thanksgiving weekend and I'm thankful that I'll be able to cook a big turkey dinner for my family.

My mother in law is flying up this Tuesday from Florida for a short visit and I'll be so happy to see her.

My children's book is at the publisher and I'm so excited. I don't have a date yet as when it will be ready to go but I'm hoping by Christmas. I've chosen to donate all proceeds of the book to The Ronald McDonald House.

I've started a new book about my life. It's just in the beginning stages but I hope to be able to work on it daily. 

If you'd like to join in on TToT, Ten Things of Thankful, please follow anyone of the following hosts links and join in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave any comments or questions you may have. Thank you so much. Susan

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...