Friday, March 20, 2015

Addicted - Flash Fiction

By Psychonaught (Own work) [Public domain],
 via Wikimedia Commons


Gotta go see Dave … Hell, he'll hook me up; I'm only twenty short.

Where did I put my damn phone?  Ah there it is.

Shaking I dialed, the sweat dripping down my face.

Hey Dave, John here, can you meet me in ten minutes at our spot?  

Sure bro, want your regular?

Ya man.

Shit Dave’s not here, now what do I do.

Pacing back and forth I spotted him.

I thought for a minute you weren't gonna show. I’m twenty short, can you cover me?

Uhhh …. Sure, no problem.

------------------------------


Later, man found dead from overdose. 


After writing this first flash for this week I wanted to write a second one.
Here it is.


I walked into the room and saw grandma hunched over sitting on her bed staring at the floor.

Grandma, what’s wrong? Are you feeling okay?

After a big sigh she looked up at me with tears in her eyes and replied, I’m just thinking of your mother and how so much I miss her dear.  It’s not fair that she was taken from us so young. For you to grow up without her is a tragedy.


Sitting down on the bed to comfort grandma she continued. They take the good ones way too soon, way too soon. More tears.




This post is for a Flash Fiction Challenge by +Charli Mills over at Carrot Ranch. If you enjoy writing or reading Flash Fiction please come by and join a great group of writers.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave any comments or questions you may have. Thank you so much. Susan

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...