Thursday, April 7, 2016

Childhood Fear - Flash Fiction

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File%3AScared_Child_at_Nighttime.jpg


Lying in bed I was terrified to get up. I never knew what kind of mood my step-mother would be in. Would she be in a good spirits or in her usual mean mode? Would I be yelled at today for something I did to displease her, or would she find a reason within herself to hit me. Straining to listen to see if she was up or not, I quietly lay there trying to get up enough courage to make it to the bathroom.  Then I heard the big slam of pots and pans coming from the kitchen. 



This week's challenge at Carrot Ranch was to write a 99 word (no more, no less) response to an agoraphobic moment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave any comments or questions you may have. Thank you so much. Susan

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...