Friday, May 6, 2016

May the Butterflies Land - Flash Fiction

Wikimedia

Dad how do you make the butterflies land?

You have to be oh so still and quiet. Watch and listen to what I do.

Dad extended his arm out and barely whispered to the Monarchs saying, simmer down, simmer down, simmer down.  Patiently we waited and dad repeated simmer down several times.

I began to chant simmer down, and after what seemed like an eternity a butterfly landed on my shoulder. I was ecstatic and tried so hard to be still. I looked over at dad and he was smiling.


That’s how you make a butterfly land sweet girl


This is a Flash Fiction challenge from +Charli Mills over at Carrot Ranch. This weeks challenge was in 99 words (no more, no less) include insects in a story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave any comments or questions you may have. Thank you so much. Susan

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...