Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Good News From CAT Scan

Went in today for my monthly chemo treatment. I had to see Dr. Anglin, my oncologist, beforehand. When he walked in with a big smile on his face, I knew the results from last week's CAT scan were good. He shook my hand and said same as usual, all clear.

Peter, (Dr. Anglin) then proceeds to tell me that he's been talking with his colleagues about me and how I'm such a rare case to go from Stage IV inoperable lung cancer to total remission within 3 years and am still going strong.

Part of the CAT scan was done on my neck where my lung cancer was first discovered through swollen lymph glands. This is where the total remission comes in as the scan showed nothing in my neck lymph glands.

I thought for sure I was going to be told no more chemo needed. They still want to keep me on the chemo as a preventative treatment but not once a month anymore. For now it will be once every two months and then eventually once every three months. I'm pretty ecstatic over this news of today and wanted to share it with you.

CANCER CAN BE BEATEN!

Have a great Day!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave any comments or questions you may have. Thank you so much. Susan

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...