Sunday, October 16, 2016

Thanksgiving 2016 and Ten Things of Thankful

Thanksgiving 2016
A beautiful center piece made by my Mother In Law.

Last weekend was our Canadian Thanksgiving and I’ve been meaning to write a post about it all week. Since this is for Ten Things of Thankful I thought today would be a great time to post this.

We had a great turnout for our Thanksgiving dinner on Sunday October 9th, which is my first Thankful.  The holiday itself is was on Monday but we always have the dinner on Sunday. This way everyone can recuperate before returning to work on Tuesday.

There were ten of us sitting around the dinner table; my three sons, two of their girlfriends, my mother in law, my sister in law Christy, her boyfriend from Arizona, my husband, and myself.  Dinner turned out perfect and everyone contributed to the meal. Thankful , (#2).

So ecstatic and thankful (#3) that Christy, my sister in law has met the man of her dreams, John Mark Green. He is one of the sweetest and nicest men I’ve ever met. He’s a keeper and I’m so thankful that he makes Christy so happy. (#4) Welcome to the family John!
Christy & John Thanksgiving 2016


All three of my sons have wonderful girlfriends, which makes me so happy. (#5) Family dinners are such a treat when everyone is here to enjoy each other’s company and the food too of course. 

Had my 38th pemetrexed chemo treatment this past Friday and thankful that I’m alive to say that I’m still in remission. (#6) Christy has become my new chemo buddy, which means she comes and sits with me through the appointments once a month, (#7).

Autumn or Fall is my favorite season and this year is one of the most beautiful ones we’ve had in quite a few years. The weather has been unseasonably warmer for which I’m thankful, (#8).

I’ll be driving to Florida with my mother in law this upcoming Friday and I’m looking so forward to the trip, (#9).

For my number 10 thankful ……., Waking up every day to enjoy another day of life.

One more ..... Thanks to +Lizzi Lewis for the years she's put into this blog hop over at . Considerings



1 comment:

  1. I'm impressed with this CT scan facility near me in terms of attention and expertise. Knowing that there is such high-quality healthcare in the area is comforting.
    ct scan near me

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave any comments or questions you may have. Thank you so much. Susan

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...